Wednesday, February 6, 2008

A mishap on Robb's birthday cake

SO, yesterday was Robb's birthday. We had a nice family evening. We went to Chilis for dinner and then came home for gifts and cake. I had made a chocolate cherry cake that Robb likes. I noticed before we left for dinner that the extra chocolate chips used to make the frosting had been sprinkled all over the cake, as you can see in this picture.
I thought for sure Casey had done it, since I saw him snitching chocolate chips. When we came home to have cake, I told Robb that Casey had "ruined the cake" but it would be good. While I was trying to get kids to the table to eat their pieces of cake, Abby left and Grace brought me the following note from her
Man do I feel bad, first of all the cake was not ruined and I made her feel bad. Second, she was letting me blame my baby. And, third am I so scary she can't tell me. What a laugh Robb and I got last night.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love you mommy love abby

Kim said...

my heart goes out to Abby, but I would have probably done the same thing. . . . The cake looks dang good, though - Happy Birthday robb, we love you!

Dacia said...

You just made my whole night - that note is priceless!!! Happy Late Birthday Rob

Anonymous said...

Cute Kids all the way around!
we love you, Abby

Grandma Garner